I've always had high regard for Kawasaki's motorcycles, at least I used to, until the past year…

My second Kawi, a beautiful Titanium coloured 2005 ZX-10R which I bought brand new for $15,009 dropped a valve a few months after the warranty expired.

The dealer informed me that it would cost over $7600 to fix it!! I was astounded and contacted Kawasaki to see if they would help, as something like this should never happen to a bike that's only a year and a half old!!

I'm in my mid-forties and have never abused the bike, yes, I've driven it fast and done lots of ramps and had lots of fun with it but it was never abused, I'm the only one who's rode it except for the mechanic. I tend to keep my bikes a long time and take care of them.

Anyway, a rep at Kawi said they may be able to help me but they needed more info. The Kawi rep was extremely busy (he was covering for someone else) and it took a long time – just under a month, at which point the dealer (Cycle World) went bankrupt (or whatever happened), they called and told me to pick up my pieces!! It was one of the worst days of my life, bringing my bike home in pieces.

Things dragged on forever; two letters to the president of Kawasaki Canada were completely ignored. The rep I’d been dealing with left the company and I was passed on to another.

In the interim, I bought another bike, an ’07 Yamaha R6. :o))

Finally, months after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), I was advised by Kawasaki that I had to arrange to take the pieces to another dealer so they could again figure out the cause of the failure.

Kawasaki has no motorcycle dealers left in Toronto (I wonder why??), and the two remaining dealers in Pickering & Woodbridge weren't terribly interested in getting involved, citing a lack of cooperation from Kawasaki Canada. I was finally able to get the bike in to another dealership on January12th, 2008 and then the waiting began yet again, call after call to the dealer and to Kawasaki yielded little result. The dealer eventually informed me that they had completed their inspection and believed that the failure was caused by a manufacturing defect. The mechanic showed me the pieces and explained how a ‘keeper’ had popped off of a valve, allowing the valve to fall down into the cylinder (while I was travelling at 110 km/hr), things went really bad from there…scoring the cylinder, puncturing the piston and so on…

During a trip around the world I shared, my woeful Kawasaki experience with many people, including at the Dubai Motor show, where it was apparently the first year that Kawi’s were available there.

In mid-February 2008, I was told by the dealership that Kawasaki was going to help me out, and that they just had to figure out the details between Kawasaki and the dealership.

After two months had passed, Kawasaki then, I’m told, asked the dealer to ship the engine to them for examination. More delay and phone calls…

On March 26th, finally after the bike had been at the dealership for over three months (in addition to nearly a month a Cycle World), I got a call from the dealership saying that Kawasaki had ‘declined to participate’. Several subsequent calls to Kawasaki have gone unanswered.

To say I’m frustrated and disappointed would be a gross understatement.

I will not give up…this letter is the first of many that I will post on the internet, I will re-activate the BBB complaint and numerous other measures as necessary, I will not stop until this gets resolved!

Please feel free to contact me at PouncingTiger1@rogers.com.

David

Review about: Kawasaki Motorcycle.

Comments

Rockville Centre, New York, United States #715920

I have a Toro Z Master lawn mower. It has a Kawasaki engine.

This mower was almost $10,000. It needs a new engine. I have been given the runaround for this engine for two months. First they said, the engine will be in next week.

Then it was the following week. Next it was september 2. Then it was September 9. Now it is indefinite.

In the meantime, I have no mower. I would NEVER buy another product from this company.

As I am reading these comments, I am highly offended by everyone who has something bad to say about Kawasaki. Yes people have had some problems with some of the products, but if you only stick to one source for help, your not going to get anywhere.

Instead of going to dealers, go to district managers. My father has been a district manager for over 11 years, and he has had nothing but compliments from his customers. I would suggest people to get their facts straight before bashing a company.

Also the people who are posting comments that are threatening, I hope you realize that Kawasaki representatives are reading them. Thanks

to Bossesdaughter Greensboro, North Carolina, United States #992653

my name is mike jumpe and i have a negative comment but if you will give the info i need to get my SxS fixed then i wont post it. I have been in contact with Kawasaki of USA several times and they are finally done with me my email is 3bassman1970@gmail.com

Kawasucki will not help you. I have a teryx that is less than 3 months old that i have treated very well.

Only 50 hours onit and it blew the motor. I have done all the scheduled maintainance and kawasaki says they arent going to cover the damages. I am currently in the midst of filing a lawsuit against them. They will refund it or i will pass it on to some other poor sap.

This is bs, this kind of *** has been going on at kawa for years. I just wish i would have done some more research before buying the pos.

Kawasaki let the BAD TIMES roll

TAKESHI TERANISHI PRESIDENT- BRUCE GILL SALES MANAGER- STEVE FISCHER MANAGER UNETHICAL-MERCILESS - COWARDS- CORPORATE GREED-FACELESS BACK STABBERS.

Kawasaki motors corp USA just cancel Burbank Kawasaki Jet Skis and Mules franchise. Burbank Kawasaki has been a dealer for 34 yrs servicing the community and the movie industry. Burbank Kawasaki has been very reputable dealer and a long term marriage with KMC and now gets dumped in the gutter. Kawasaki motors Corp USA is very unethical merciless cowards and does not care about the dealers and employees losing their jobs. It is an act of terrorism to hurt innocent people and the economy. Please do not support Kawasaki products.

Kawasaki let the BAD TIMES roll. Please do not support Kawasaki as they are unfair to its dealers and costumers not honoring their warranty.

Kawasaki let the BAD TIMES roll

Many riders are dead do to possible mechanical failure or factory recall or Kawasaki factory employee left a paper towel in the engine.

Kawasaki Motors Corp- KMC

9950 Jeronomo Road Irvine Internet 92718 United States of America

Phone: 949-770-0400

Web: kawasaki.com

Category: Motorcycles

Kawasaki Motors Corp- KMC Kawasaki USA Facebook TAKESHI TERANISHI - BRUCE GILL-STEVE FISCHER UNETHICAL-MERCILES-COWARDS- CORPORATE GREED-FACELESS BACK STABBERS. Irvine, Internet

*UPDATE by author: Apologies to Kawasaki Motors Corp

Print this Report

Email this Report

REBUTTAL BOX | Respond to this Report!

2Author 0Consumer 0Employee/Owner

Category: Motorcycles

*UPDATE by author: Apologies to Kawasaki Motors Corp

Print this Report

Email this Report

REBUTTAL BOX | Respond to this Report!

2Author 0Consumer 0Employee/Owner

Click on image to enlarge:

I AM GOING TO DESTROY KAWASAKI!

:cry wahhh i really like some of their bikes....

as impressive as my 2011 kx450f f.i. is, my bike has serious oil leaks, and recently my oil filter somehow fell apart inside the engine

why do i find the story so familiar though i come from another continent??

i do agree that their dealer just do NOT care for what so-called customers- my rectifier burnt twice- first in april and again in june (of the same year)after replacement.

two months past and i am still waiting for my replacement part + no, i do not know what went wrong- STILL waiting information from the dealer.

i am so disappointed with their services yet have no route to lodge my complaint- not that it works by the sound of it. wonder if kawasaki japan knew about how their dealers treated their customers???

I just experienced a complete oil pressure failure on my 1999 Vulcan Nomad. I was doing 75 in the fast lane of a six lane highway. I was about 5 feet away from going under the vehicle following me. This is a serious safety concern. Anyone else who experiences something similar should file a complaint with the

NHTSB

. It takes about 10 minutes. Shame on Kawasaki for not recalling these bikes. They make

toyota's

* Toyota's

* Toyoda's

* toots's

recall issues seem tame. No way I would ever recommend someone else to buy Kawasaki after this.

Two dealers stated there is no recall but the web shows dozens of riders who have got warranty repairs. 1500 hundred bucks was quoted to replace a 50 dollar part. Now I have an 800 pound useless bike.

Any offers?? And this is not the scary part. Wait till you loose power in the middle of an interstate!!!

I have my problems with Kawa myself, i think its really odd and weird for them not to have they're own shop and to have all those so called dealer's that just don't care about they're customers. In Hong Kong they only have one kawa dealer and the attitude they give me here is like i'm a hassle to them for fixing my bike there.

funny thing is that the dealer only carry the lime green paint in they're shop and all other original colours they need to mix by another shop. i'm so pissed off right now cuz my bike's been gone for more then a mth and it makes me wanna sell my kawa.

i mean how can they let such ppl ruin they're reputation like this ???