I've always had high regard for Kawasaki's motorcycles, at least I used to, until the past year…

My second Kawi, a beautiful Titanium coloured 2005 ZX-10R which I bought brand new for $15,009 dropped a valve a few months after the warranty expired.

The dealer informed me that it would cost over $7600 to fix it!! I was astounded and contacted Kawasaki to see if they would help, as something like this should never happen to a bike that's only a year and a half old!!

I'm in my mid-forties and have never abused the bike, yes, I've driven it fast and done lots of ramps and had lots of fun with it but it was never abused, I'm the only one who's rode it except for the mechanic. I tend to keep my bikes a long time and take care of them.

Anyway, a rep at Kawi said they may be able to help me but they needed more info. The Kawi rep was extremely busy (he was covering for someone else) and it took a long time – just under a month, at which point the dealer (Cycle World) went bankrupt (or whatever happened), they called and told me to pick up my pieces!! It was one of the worst days of my life, bringing my bike home in pieces.

Things dragged on forever; two letters to the president of Kawasaki Canada were completely ignored. The rep I’d been dealing with left the company and I was passed on to another.

In the interim, I bought another bike, an ’07 Yamaha R6. :o))

Finally, months after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), I was advised by Kawasaki that I had to arrange to take the pieces to another dealer so they could again figure out the cause of the failure.

Kawasaki has no motorcycle dealers left in Toronto (I wonder why??), and the two remaining dealers in Pickering & Woodbridge weren't terribly interested in getting involved, citing a lack of cooperation from Kawasaki Canada. I was finally able to get the bike in to another dealership on January12th, 2008 and then the waiting began yet again, call after call to the dealer and to Kawasaki yielded little result. The dealer eventually informed me that they had completed their inspection and believed that the failure was caused by a manufacturing defect. The mechanic showed me the pieces and explained how a ‘keeper’ had popped off of a valve, allowing the valve to fall down into the cylinder (while I was travelling at 110 km/hr), things went really bad from there…scoring the cylinder, puncturing the piston and so on…

During a trip around the world I shared, my woeful Kawasaki experience with many people, including at the Dubai Motor show, where it was apparently the first year that Kawi’s were available there.

In mid-February 2008, I was told by the dealership that Kawasaki was going to help me out, and that they just had to figure out the details between Kawasaki and the dealership.

After two months had passed, Kawasaki then, I’m told, asked the dealer to ship the engine to them for examination. More delay and phone calls…

On March 26th, finally after the bike had been at the dealership for over three months (in addition to nearly a month a Cycle World), I got a call from the dealership saying that Kawasaki had ‘declined to participate’. Several subsequent calls to Kawasaki have gone unanswered.

To say I’m frustrated and disappointed would be a gross understatement.

I will not give up…this letter is the first of many that I will post on the internet, I will re-activate the BBB complaint and numerous other measures as necessary, I will not stop until this gets resolved!

Please feel free to contact me at PouncingTiger1@rogers.com.

David

Review about: Kawasaki Motorcycle.

Had an Experience with Kawasaki?

Comments

Rockville Centre, New York, United States #715920

I have a Toro Z Master lawn mower.It has a Kawasaki engine.

This mower was almost $10,000. It needs a new engine. I have been given the runaround for this engine for two months. First they said, the engine will be in next week.

Then it was the following week. Next it was september 2. Then it was September 9. Now it is indefinite.

In the meantime, I have no mower.I would NEVER buy another product from this company.

As I am reading these comments, I am highly offended by everyone who has something bad to say about Kawasaki.Yes people have had some problems with some of the products, but if you only stick to one source for help, your not going to get anywhere.

Instead of going to dealers, go to district managers. My father has been a district manager for over 11 years, and he has had nothing but compliments from his customers. I would suggest people to get their facts straight before bashing a company.

Also the people who are posting comments that are threatening, I hope you realize that Kawasaki representatives are reading them.Thanks

to Bossesdaughter Greensboro, North Carolina, United States #992653

my name is mike jumpe and i have a negative comment but if you will give the info i need to get my SxS fixed then i wont post it. I have been in contact with Kawasaki of USA several times and they are finally done with me my email is 3bassman1970@gmail.com

Kawasucki will not help you.I have a teryx that is less than 3 months old that i have treated very well.

Only 50 hours onit and it blew the motor. I have done all the scheduled maintainance and kawasaki says they arent going to cover the damages. I am currently in the midst of filing a lawsuit against them. They will refund it or i will pass it on to some other poor sap.

This is bs, this kind of *** has been going on at kawa for years.I just wish i would have done some more research before buying the pos.

Kawasaki let the BAD TIMES roll

TAKESHI TERANISHI PRESIDENT- BRUCE GILL SALES MANAGER- STEVE FISCHER MANAGER UNETHICAL-MERCILESS - COWARDS- CORPORATE GREED-FACELESS BACK STABBERS.

Kawasaki motors corp USA just cancel Burbank Kawasaki Jet Skis and Mules franchise. Burbank Kawasaki has been a dealer for 34 yrs servicing the community and the movie industry. Burbank Kawasaki has been very reputable dealer and a long term marriage with KMC and now gets dumped in the gutter. Kawasaki motors Corp USA is very unethical merciless cowards and does not care about the dealers and employees losing their jobs. It is an act of terrorism to hurt innocent people and the economy. Please do not support Kawasaki products.

Kawasaki let the BAD TIMES roll. Please do not support Kawasaki as they are unfair to its dealers and costumers not honoring their warranty.

Kawasaki let the BAD TIMES roll

Many riders are dead do to possible mechanical failure or factory recall or Kawasaki factory employee left a paper towel in the engine.

Kawasaki Motors Corp- KMC

9950 Jeronomo Road Irvine Internet 92718 United States of America

Phone: 949-770-0400

Web: kawasaki.com

Category: Motorcycles

Kawasaki Motors Corp- KMC Kawasaki USA Facebook TAKESHI TERANISHI - BRUCE GILL-STEVE FISCHER UNETHICAL-MERCILES-COWARDS- CORPORATE GREED-FACELESS BACK STABBERS. Irvine, Internet

*UPDATE by author: Apologies to Kawasaki Motors Corp

Print this Report

Email this Report

REBUTTAL BOX | Respond to this Report!

2Author 0Consumer 0Employee/Owner

Category: Motorcycles

*UPDATE by author: Apologies to Kawasaki Motors Corp

Print this Report

Email this Report

REBUTTAL BOX | Respond to this Report!

2Author 0Consumer 0Employee/Owner

Click on image to enlarge:

I AM GOING TO DESTROY KAWASAKI!

:cry wahhh i really like some of their bikes....

as impressive as my 2011 kx450f f.i. is, my bike has serious oil leaks, and recently my oil filter somehow fell apart inside the engine